“Hi! I just downloaded a bunch of eBooks on my PC for my Kindle but I can’t find them. I downloaded the books again on my Android phone and the same thing happened! I need help!”
If you’re new to Kindle, getting familiar with how it works can be quite difficult. One of the issues new users encounter is how to find downloaded books on their devices.
Now, I know this issue is infuriating since I also experienced the same thing. But luckily I figured it out and found where Kindle books are stored on PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone. Continue reading this article to know how!
Find Out Where are Kindle Books Stored on PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone
We all use different devices to download books for Kindle. That is why we provided four different solutions to know where are Kindle books stored on PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone. Check them out!
Where are Kindle Books Stored on PC
If you downloaded your Kindle books using Windows PC, the books are probably stored in the Downloads folder. If not you can check;
C:\Users\your computer user name\Documents\My Kindle Content
You should be able to find your Kindle books there.
Where are Kindle Books Stored on Mac
Next is to find where are Kindle books stored on Mac; there are two situations that need to be considered.
1. If you download your Kindle for Mac on the App Store and you haven’t changed its default download. Your downloaded Kindle books should be here;
Users/Mac user name/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content
2. If your Kindle for Mac was not downloaded from the App Store, your downloaded content will be in a different place;
Users/Mac user name/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content
If you can’t remember where you downloaded your Kindle app, it can’t hurt to try both methods just to be sure.
Where are Kindle Books Stored on Android
For some people, it’s much more convenient to read and download eBooks on their phones. But the problem is they don’t know where are Kindle books
stored on Android. Well, that dilemma is about to be over. Check out the steps below.
- Grab a USB cord and connect your Android phone to your PC.
- Remember that your downloaded Kindle books will be stored in different places depending on how and where you got them.
- For books downloaded using your Kindle account, your books should be found here; This PC\Android device\Internal storage\Android\data\com.amazon.Kindlefc\files\.
- If your Kindle books have been downloaded from another source, their location should be here; This PC\Android device\ Internal storage \Kindle\.
Where are Kindle Books Stored on iPhone
For iPhone users, this is where you can find your downloaded Kindle Books.
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone and computer.
- Open iTunes and choose the iPhone under Devices.
- On the Apps tab in iTunes and select the Kindle.
- Any eBooks in the iPhone’s Kindle app are displayed in the Documents box.
Tip: Remove DRM from Downloaded Kindle Books via Leawo Prof. DRM
Some eBooks we download from the web are DRM protected. Now, if you find out that one or more of the books you downloaded is DRM protected, this will prevent you from sharing and even viewing it on other devices. I know this is such a bummer, but don’t worry because I have a solution for you!
Leawo Prof. DRM is a powerful tool that can remove DRM protection on any files including eBooks, movies, audiobooks, Apple Music songs, and more. With this tool, you can freely read your favorite book and share it with the people you love. Aside from Kindle it also supports other eReaders like Kobo, Nook Books, and more!
What makes this app amazing is that you can directly connect to your Kindle app and easily export your DRM-protected books! No need to move your books numerous times, Leawo Prof. DRM has made it convenient for you.
With Leawo Prof. DRM, rest assured that all the pages and chapters of your book will be intact after the process. So, you won’t miss out on any plot twists! How amazing is that? Grab Leawo Prof. DRM now and read your Kindle books without limitations.
With eReaders we can now conveniently read our favorite books anytime and anywhere. And thanks to Leawo Prof. DRM, we can now enjoy reading them, without any limitations.