Want to look like you have flawless skin on Social Media? No worries, Adobe Photoshop can help you achieve that without visiting a dermatologist. Technology has indeed evolved through the years. The perfect body we all want can now easily be achieved by moving your mouse and using Photoshop’s nifty features.
Thanks to Adobe Photoshop, we can confidently post images without worrying about our flaws.
Here’s where the Problem Starts
Editing an image on Photoshop takes a lot of effort sometimes. And since it is a bulky application, heavy usage can cause some errors. One of the most common ones is the “Adobe Photoshop could not save because of a program error” or the application suddenly freezes when you are editing an image.
These errors cause your work to be unsaved leaving your efforts wasted. If you are in the same situation, worry not as we will help you fix it. Below, we have listed some facts, the possible reasons, and solutions to recover Photoshop files. Check them out!
Some Photoshop Facts you Should Know
Before learning how to fix the errors mentioned above, here are some Photoshop facts that will help you
What Happened? I can’t Save Photoshop Files!
It is vital for medical practitioners to know the cause of the disease before formulating the perfect medicine. This is the same with recovering Photoshop files, you know first the possible causes of this issue before choosing the right solution.
- Photoshop is outdated – If an application is out of date, it tends to malfunction during usage causing errors like the “Adobe Photoshop could not save because of a program”. To be able to update Photoshop, access the Help tab and select updates.
- All Permissions are not granted – Apps on your PC need permissions to run successfully, if those permissions are not granted you will be unable to complete certain tasks using the app. You may try to reinstall the app again and make sure to grant all permissions.
How to Recover Photoshop Files?
The “Adobe Photoshop could not save because of a program error” can cause your work to be unsaved, luckily Photoshop autosave is available. But the question now is, how to know which file is a Photoshop file?
What is a PSD File?
The PSD file is the native file format of Adobe Photoshop. You might notice that upon saving your work, the .psd extension is seen at the end of the file name. So if you plan to recover Photoshop files, look for the files with the .psd extension.
How Often does Photoshop Autosave?
Photoshop will automatically save your progress every 10 minutes. Depending on the situation, you may or may not recover all the changes made. However, apart from the Photoshop autosave feature, there are quite a few more ways to recover a Photoshop file and we listed them all below. Check them out!
Method 1: Recover Unsaved Photoshop File with Autosave
The Photoshop autosave feature is automatically enabled in newer versions, but if you are using an older version of the app there you will need to enable the feature beforehand. The Photoshop autosave location can be found on the C drive on your PC. Open the folder and locate your file.
Method 2: Open Recent Files to Recover Photoshop File
Another way to recover a Photoshop file is already inside the app itself. The Recent Files tab contains your latest creations. And if Photoshop has crashed before you could save the file, it will most likely be found here.
- Open Photoshop and access the Files tab.
- Next, find the Open Recent option and click on it.
- Your recent edits should be located there. Choose the one you want to retrieve and it will automatically open.
Method 3: Check the Temp Folder to Recover Photoshop File
Next, Photoshop has a place where your temporary projects are stored. If the “Adobe Photoshop could not save because of a program error” occurred, there are chances that your file is stored in the Temp folder. Better see if they are there.
- On your computer open the File Explorer then navigate to User > Your Name > Local Settings > Temp.
- Inside Temp, look for the folder that has Photoshop on the name. Open the folder and look for the temp file (the files should be labeled with the date), when you find the file save it.
Method 4: Use echoshare Data Recovery
The 3 methods above are surely easy to execute, but none of them guarantees to recover every change made and all the unsaved Photoshop files. But don’t lose hope just yet, we have prepared another method that will surely recover the Photoshop file successfully.
echoshare Data Recovery is your best bud when it comes to recovering lost, unsaved, and even deleted Photoshop files. This tool is equipped with features that will ensure a safe, easy and successful file recovery.
Aside from images, this nifty tool can also recover videos, documents, audio, and even emails! How cool is that? Apart from that, echoshare can also revive corrupted files so you can use them again. It also protects your PC from errors to avoid issues like “Adobe Photoshop could not save because of a program error” and more.
echoshare Data Recovery is perfect for all types of users as it has a user-friendly interface and easy-access features. You can recover Photoshop files within seconds! Wow! Try out this tool now.
Steps to Recover Photoshop File via echoshare Data Recovery
- Hit the button above to download the tool on your PC.
- Next, launch the program and choose how the data was lost and mark Images then hit Next.
- Choose the drive in which your Photoshop files are supposed to be saved then select Scan.
- After a few moments, your files should appear on the screen. Mark the ones you want to recover then simply tick Restore to finish the process.
And just like that, you have successfully recovered your Photoshop files.
Photo editing is a skill that takes time to learn and master. That is why every time our efforts get wasted because of some errors, it feels frustrating. Thankfully there are methods we can try to get our files back. If ever you are in the same situation, don’t hesitate to try out the solutions we suggested.