When we talk about phones, there are only two particular phones that come to our mind: iPhones and Androids. These two OSs produce high-end phones that bring joy to their consumers. Although both phones are considered rivals in the industry but for us avid users, we see them as choices, after all, there’s nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds.
That is why if you are like me who owns both of these wonderful phones, there are surely some things that you want to have access to on both of them.
As for me, I have been an iPhone user for quite some time now, and I just recently purchased a brand new Android phone. I want to transfer my WhatsApp messages from my iPhone to Android. For some, this might sound quite impossible since both phones are completely different from the other.
There are actually different ways how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android that I found while strolling around the internet. And in this article, I will list down all the methods I have found to gladly help you if ever you and I share the same dilemma.
Part 1: Different Methods on How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android.
- Solution 1: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using echoshare WhatsApp Transfer
- Solution 2: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Chat Backup
- Solution 3: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
- Solution 4: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Third-party Websites
Part 2: Final Thoughts and FAQs
Different Methods on How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
Transferring data or WhatsApp messages, in particular, can be quite difficult and unsuccessful for some people. But in this article, I made sure that these solutions are fairly easy and can be done without having a lot of tech knowledge. Continue reading and choose the best solution that fits your liking.
Solution 1: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using echoshare WhatsApp Transfer
First on the list is my most recommended method to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android and it is with the help of echoshare WhatsApp Transfer.
This reliable program can help you transfer WhatsApp messages and attachments, and other files from iPhone to Android and vice versa in an efficient and easy way. With WhatsApp Transfer, you don’t need to worry about losing your messages when changing your phone, you will stay at ease and let the program safely and successfully transfer your messages.
echoshare WhatsApp Transfer is capable of backing up and restoring WhatsApp chat history, contacts, images, and videos is a lot easier than you expect! You can have a real-time preview and select a backup WhatsApp file before you restore to them. In addition, it supports both transfer chats between WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business.
echoshare WhatsApp Transfer is truly a helpful and reliable program. So easily transfer WhatsApp messages, download echoshare WhatsApp Transfer now!
Steps Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Step 1: Install and launch echoshare WhatsApp Transfer on your computer.
Step 2: Click WhatsApp from the main interface of the program.
Step 3: Connect the source phone first which is the iPhone. Next, connect your target phone which is Android. Make sure to use a USB cord that is suited for each device.
Step 4: Then, click Transfer to launch the transfer process. The program is backing up your WhatsApp data on the source device.
Step 5: Next, verify your WhatsApp account which will accept data from the source device. Write your phone number and country code on the line. Then click Verify.
Step 6: After you have verified the WhatsApp account, the program will automatically generate the data which can be restored on the target device.
Step 7: Once the data has been generated, just wait for a few minutes to transfer data to the target device.
Solution 2: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Chat Backup
Next on the list is WhatsApp transfer from iPhone to Android via the chat backup feature that is found within the app. Your WhatsApp chats are automatically backed up and saved daily to your phone’s memory.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Navigate to Settings then tick Chats and select Chat Backup.
- Select the Back Up Now button to start backing up current WhatsApp Data.
- Download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Sign in to your WhatsApp account. WhatsApp will pop up asking you whether to restore data from backup for the first time.
- Next, choose to Restore if prompted to restore from WhatsApp iCloud and wait until it’s done.
Solution 3: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
Emails are more than just a way of communication, they can also be used to transfer certain files and data, WhatsApp messages to be specific. Follow these steps to transfer WhatsApp messages using email.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings in WhatsApp and tap on Chat Settings, then hit Email chat from the list.
- Select the WhatsApp history that you would like to transfer. A window will pop up saying “Attaching Media will generate a larger email message”. Click Without Media or Attach Media based on what you need.
- Type in the email address and select Send.
- On your Android phone log in to your email. Next, you can view your old WhatsApp chats in an email from your new device.
Solution 4: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Third-party Websites
There are third-party websites that also help you transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. Check out the steps below to know how.
- First, launch WhatsApp from your iPhone and then connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select Summary then uncheck Encrypt Local Backup and select the Backup now option on the right to kick-start the backup process for your iOS device.
- Visit the WazzapMigrator website and locate the iBackup ViewerProgram and download it on your computer.
- Run the software, select the iOS device and click on the Raw Files icon placed on the bottom right side of the menu.
- On the following screen, tap on Freeview mode and surf the file “AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.shared“.
- On the right-hand menu, choose the option “ChatStorage.sqlite” file and select the Export button. In the same menu of “ChatStorage.sqlite” open Message Folder and choose your desired media files.
- Next hit the Export option and don’t forget to save the same in the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file.
- Connect your Android device to the computer. Surf Android phone in File Viewer/Explorer and set up desktop Windows to view files exported to the computer. Drag the media folder and ChatStorage.sqlite file to the Download folder of your Android phone.
- Now install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device. This will scan and detect ChatStorage.sqlite on the device. After the scanning process, select the Play button.
- Download Google Play Store and reinstall the WhatsApp application.
This method works for transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android but does not support the vice versa. So if you are planning to transfer data from Android to iPhone, this method might not work for you.
It brings so much convenience having to access our data from one device to another. And that is all thanks to the methods listed above. I hope that this article has helped you solve your dilemma.