[3 Free Ways]How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from One Android to Another Android
Last Updated on October 20, 2021 by Robert Jackson
WhatsApp is one of the most trending applications for Android phones with its ability to make phone calls and send messages to our friends and family wherever they are in the world.
With WhatsApp on our Android:
- Reaching our loved ones from afar has been easier, sending them messages every day, greeting them on special occasions is no longer a dream,
- Helping us with our professional matters like messaging our clients, sending updates to our boss, and more.
All these make WhatsApp store the most important messages of our life and business.
When the time of transferring WhatsApp messages comes, we need to be fully aware that the action we use to do the transfer will affect the integrity of our data. Though you may say the WhatsApp data can be recovered later, still, we need to pay attention to the transfer process.
Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android: Keep Your Data Safe
There are cases why you want to transfer WhatsApp messages:
- One is that you just buy a new Android and plan on doing the data transfer.
- If you have been using WhatsApp for years, it will be loaded with the cache rooted in your previous activities. That cache consumes a lot of space on your device, resulting in crashing.
- You’re worried that the app chat history might get lost due to data corruption, phone crashing, and other unexpected events.
No matter what, the idea of transferring your WhatsApp messages pops into your mind. Also, you need to make sure all those you treasure won’t vanish due to improper transfer methods.
Don’t worry! You’re on the right track in knowing different solutions to transfer your WhatsApp messages from your old Android to your new Android phone.
Safe Methods to Transfer WhatsApp Messages:
We have provided various methods and most effective on how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android. See their features and choose the best one.
Solution 1: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android via echoshare Whatsapp Transfer
For a safer way of transferring Whatsapp messages, we highly recommend using echoshare Whatsapp Transfer.
echoshare Whatsapp Transfer is one of the most effective solutions that can transfer WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business messages, be it as text, audio, photos, videos, files, or shared links, etc. You can use this program to export them as files for viewing and all messages and links can be transferred as HTML form.
Let’s not mention it’s easy to use with no tech skills required. With the simple instruction on-screen, you can transfer your precious WhatsApp messages to whatever device in just one click.
Not only for Android-to-Android transfer, but this WhatsApp transfer can also transfer your messages between Android and iOS, tablet and phones, without any restrictions at all.
By the way, aside from WhatsApp and the Business one, this transfer is also compatible with LINE, Kik, Viber, and WeChat, the world’s first-class social apps.
Supporting all chats, both operating systems, both phone and tablet, can you find anything that’s better than this? Well, download now, and let’s start to transfer your WhatsApp messages!
Steps to transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android Using echoshare
We provide you the simple steps on how to use echoshare Whatsapp Transfer, just follow the few steps.
Step 1: First, connect the two Android devices to the computer via USB cables. Then, launch this WhatsApp transfer on your computer and choose “WhatsApp” to proceed. If you’re using WhatsApp Business, choose it then.
Step 2: Once the devices are detected, click the button “Transfer” to start the transfer process.
Step 3: Verify the target account > enter country code and phone number then click “Verify”.
Step 4: After generating data to the target device. Your WhatsApp data has been transferred successfully.
That’s it, just one click to transfer your WhatsApp messages from your old Android to your new Android. It’s such a great experience!
Local backup is the automatic backup of your chat history to your phone’s WhatsApp folder that contains daily logs. The folder is located in your device’s internal memory or external SD card depending on where you installed the application.
To use the local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to another Android, we have two different scenarios with provided solutions.
Case 1: If your WhatsApp is installed on an SD card
You’re lucky if you install your WhatsApp on an SD card since the process is only about ejecting and injecting the card.
- Simply eject the SD card to the old phone and put it into the new one.
- Turn on your new Android phone and launch the WhatsApp app installed into your SD card.
- When the application is running, then you’re all set.
Case 2: If you installed the application into Internal memory
The process will be a lot more complex for a WhatsApp installed on the Android’s internal memory.
- On your old Android, launch the File Manager app and go to the Internal Storage tab and navigate to the WhatsApp/Database folder. All the backup files are saved with dates and with a file named “.db.crypt.”
- Connect the phone to a PC and copy those files into your computer.
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android phone but do not start the app. Connect your new device to the computer via USB.
- Then, copy those duplicate files into the WhatsApp/Database folder and start WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Verify your phone number and you would be notified that a message backup was found.
- Tap on the “Restore” option and you’re good to go.
Google Drive is a feature where you can save all your messages and media files to your Google account. Google Drive can also back up your WhatsApp because of its feature under the settings of WhatsApp, the “Backup to Google Drive” option.
Step 1: Launch WhatsApp on your old Android phone.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Menu” button.
Step 3: Go to “Settings” and tap the “Chats” button.
Step 4: Then click the “Chat backup” where you can view the backup options under Google Drive settings.
Step 5: Tap the “Backup to Google Drive” button and select a backup frequency (daily, weekly, or monthly) other than never to back up WhatsApp automatically to Google Drive. Or you can click “Back Up” to back up now. All of your messages will be backed up to the WhatsApp cloud server.
Step 6: To transfer the backup to the new Android phone, download WhatsApp on the new Android phone.
Step 7: Verify your phone number and after that, the message will prompt you to restore chats and media from Google Drive. Tap the “Restore” option.
Step 8: Then tap “Next” and your messages will be displayed once initialization is complete.
After learning many methods of transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to Android we found out that it’s easy. Thus, some solutions have requirements to comply like needing an SD card to backup and some needing a Google account. But with echoshare Whatsapp Transfer in just one click, you can transfer all your WhatsApp messages and other files. It’s such an easy and very effective tool.