During the Covid-19 pandemic, demands for video-conferencing, web-conferencing, and online classrooms using Zoom are skyrocketing. You may need to walk away due to personal reasons, or you may just feel tired and would like to take a break during an exceptionally long Zoom meeting. Recording the Zoom meeting as it goes prevents you from missing important information and allows you to replay parts of the meeting of your choice.
Can I Record A Zoom Meeting Without Permission
If the recording privilege is not enabled or allowed by the host, you cannot use the inbuilt Zoom recorder.
If you have an enterprise Zoom account, you might need additional permission from IT to use the built-in Zoom recorder.
Therefore, many Zoom meeting attendees need solutions to the question, how can I record Zoom meeting on Mac or Windows PC without permission from the host?
Using a professional third-party Zoom recorder is a viable alternative.
#Local Recording with the Host
Record Zoom Meeting Using the Built-in Recorder
Zoom has its own built-in local recording function. To record Zoom meeting, you can use the inbuilt Zoom recorder, which is easy and flexible to use.
- Start a meeting. (If you are not the host, you need to need to ask the host to assign you the recording privilege, making you the co-host.)
- You can start the recording by simply clicking the “Record” button in the interface. Then all the participants can see a red dot recording indicator on the screen.
- After recording the zoom meeting, you can access the recorded videos on your local devices from the pop-up folder.
*Enabling Automatic Zoom Meeting Recording
If you need to customize the screen recording as a frequently used feature of your Zoom meeting, you can follow the steps below to enable automatic recording. Then every time you start a zoom meeting, the program will record it for you.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the Account settings/My Meeting Settings/ Meeting Settings.
- Go to the Recording tab and toggle on the Automatic Recording.
*The procedure may vary slightly depending on your need and whether you are the administrator.
- If you use this method to record a meeting when someone shares his/her screen with you, your recording may have a layout problem and miss some details of the share screen. Because, no matter how you minimize or drag, the top-right corner in the recording will be occupied by the thumbnails of the participants’ video.
- You will get a corrupted recording file if Zoom stops working or freeze unexpectedly.
If you do not have the privilege to record the Zoom meeting for future references, the Aiseesoft Zoom recorder is a super convenient tool available to you.
#Local Recording without the Host
How to Record Zoom Meeting without Permission
“Aiseesof – A Flexible and Professional Zoom Recorder on Mac and Windows PC, Even If You Are Not The Host”
With or without the host’s permission, Aiseesoft is an efficient tool readily available for you to record Zoom meeting. As a powerful and integrated software, Aiseesoft can simultaneously serve as a Zoom video recorder and Zoom audio recorder at your disposal.
For free download, simply click here.
You can follow the detailed tutorial below to use the Aiseesoft Zoom recorder!
Step 1. Launch Zoom and join the Zoom meeting on Mac, Windows PC, or Web.
Step 2. Launch and open the Aiseesoft Zoom recorder. Select the “Video Recorder” button to record the meeting. If you just want audios, click the “Audio Recorder” button to use Aiseesoft simply as a Zoom audio recorder.
Step 3. After clicking the “Video Recorder”, you can choose the “Full” screen or customize a screen area by clicking “Custom”.
Also, you can explore those useful features like Advanced Recorder to record around the mouse, lock and record specific window, or Set record length to automatically shut down the recording as you like.
Change the default settings by clicking the “References” button. Set hotkeys to be what you are most familiar with. Or, choose among a variety of Zoom video (e.g., MP4, AVI) and audio (e.g., Mp3, WMA) output formats.
Step 4. Click “REC” to start the recording. You can choose to record, with “system sound-only”, “microphone-only”, “system sound and microphone”, or “no audio”. Or, screen capture the video- or web-conferencing.
Step 5. Annotate the recording while recording the zoom meeting. This function could be super helpful if you would like to highlight important segments of PowerPoint slides while using the Zoom video recorder.
Tips: Edit the recorded Zoom meetings using Aiseesoft Free Video Editor. You can save, convert, share, and transfer the videos recorded, just to name a few.
*Record Zoom Meeting Automatically without Permission
Aiseesoft Zoom Recorder has a little function that is very convenient when you need to schedule a meeting recording.
Simply click on the Task Schedule icon on the program window, then you can set up all the necessary detail about the automatic recording with this zoom recorder.
It’s that simple! No matter you are having web-conferences, video-meetings, or participating in online classrooms, the Aiseesoft Zoom recorder will make your telecommuting life much easier and help you navigate the remote workplace during and post the Covid-19 pandemic.
Aiseesoft Zoom recorder is more than a Zoom video recorder or a Zoom audio recorder. With Aiseesoft, you can do so much more! It provides a convenient collection of tools and resources for you to record whenever and wherever you are.
#Cloud Recording without the Host
Only the paid subscribers of Zoom enjoy the cloud recording service, which will be enabled automatically in their account.
When you choose Record to the Cloud, your recording file like video, audio, or chat text will be saved to the Zoom cloud. You can share or download it later.
To cloud record without the host, you should:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and go to My Meetings to enable automatic recordings.
- Set a scheduled meeting.
Be mindful of the limited storage capacity of the cloud (especially with high demands right now). You also need to wait for the processing of recorded videos, which may take up to 24-72hours, before you can view the videos.
Identifying an easy-to-use Zoom recorder is important to quickly adapt to the forced global trend of telecommuting due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Aiseesoft is an ultimate solution at an affordable price for you to record the Zoom meeting. Here are two approaches for you to consider:
- With the host’s permission, a built-in Zoom recorder can satisfy most of your needs to record Zoom meeting (Mac/Windows PC/Mobile Devices)
- Without the host’s permission, Aiseesoft can satisfy your need to record Zoom meeting with/without audios, edit and share recordings (Mac/Windows PC)
Where are the recordings of the meetings saved?
- Windows: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\Zoom
- Mac: /Users/*yourusername*/Documents/Zoom
- Linux: home/*yourusername*/Documents/Zoom
Go to your Zoom web portal > Account Management>Recording Management.
In what file format does the zoom recording save?
- Video: Mp4
- Audio: M4A
- Chat: TXT
Will zoom know if I screen record? Can screen recording be detected?
Two answers. You can screen record zoom meeting without anyone knowing by using the aforementioned Zoom recorder. If you record with the built-in recorder, there is always a red dot recording indicator appears on the screen.
Can I record the Zoom meeting on my mobile phone?
You can only use a third-party screen recording app to record zoom meeting on your iOS or Android devices locally.
So if you are a Licensed user and you are the meeting host, then you can start a cloud recording on your mobile.
You May Also Like:
- Can You Record Skype Meetings?
- How to Record FaceTime Call with Talking Audio on Mac/iPhone
- Record A Meeting on Skype, Zoom, Meet, Team, or Other Programs
- [Webex Recording] How to Record Webex Meetings
- GoToMeeting Recording: How to Record, Download, Convert and Share
- AnyMeeting Recording: How to Save, Download, Edit and Share