Tutorial On How To Import Local Music Files To Spotify
Last Updated on July 22, 2022 by Rhea Cabalida
We all have different tastes in music, and with the help of music streaming sites like Spotify, we get access to all genres of music.
But despite Spotify having over 70 million tracks, it still doesn’t have all the records in the world.Like tracks recorded from concerts, music from Indie artists, even some songs from known personalities, and most importantly tracks you ripped from CDs and DVDs.
Because Spotify is a cross-platform that can be accessed through your phone or PC, you might be planning on adding your local files to your Spotify playlist.
This task might sound impossible, but the feature is totally available. Stay on this page to learn how to upload music to Spotify.
How to Upload Music to Spotify
If you are planning to upload music to Spotify, here are some things you should remember;
- You can play and import songs to Spotify on your computer without having a premium membership.
- However, for Android and iOS users, you will need a premium membership to access the Spotify add local files features.
Now, if you’re all set up, check out the steps to add music to Spotify below.
Steps to Import Songs to Spotify
Now, in order to add music to Spotify, you will need to install the Spotify app on your computer or phone. Download the app and sign up for an account first, then follow the steps below.
Add Music to Spotify on your Computer
- First, hit the Menu tab found next to your account and click Settings.
- Find the Local Files option and switch the toggle right next to it.
- On the options below, select the folders you want to import. By default, Spotify only lets you import songs from your Downloads and Music Library folder.
- If you want to add music to Spotify from another folder, you can select the “Add Source” button and locate your target folder.
- After that, go to the app’s main page and hit the Your Library section, and find the Local files folder. From there, you should see your imported songs.
Add music to Spotify on your Phone
To upload music to Spotify on your mobile device, you need to remember that you still need the help of your computer.
- Open the Create Playlist option, create one and name it.
- Next, open the Local File library, and drag and drop the music files on the playlist you just created.
- Open the Spotify mobile app, and make sure that your phone and PC are connected to the same network.
- For iOS users: Hit Home and tap Settings then choose Local Files. Then switch on the Local Audio Files option. Then hit Ok on the pop-out window to allow Spotify to find devices on your network.
- Open the playlist and you will see that the songs are still not available. Tap the download option to import them on the mobile app.
- Once it’s done, you can now play your local files on Spotify.
Tip: How do you Download Online Music to Local Files via Musify
As I’ve said above, Spotify doesn’t have all the records in the world. Now if you happen to find a good song to wake you up in the morning or listen to while on the road from another music download service and Spotify doesn’t have it. You can easily download and import the song to your local Spotify library.
With Musify, you can easily download any song from all the top download sites online. This includes Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Spotify, and more. You don’t need to limit yourself to the songs available on Spotify, use Musify and download songs from other sites to compile your ultimate playlist!
Aside from that, Musify also supports all types of audio formats like MP3, OGG, WAV, FLAC, and a lot more! This proves that Musify isn’t just reliable but is also flexible! How great is that?
And when it comes to quality, this tool guarantees no quality loss on all your downloads. Enjoy the same audio quality with less hassle. Musify also has an Audio Converter feature that lets you convert any audio files to audio formats that are suitable on devices and music players.
Create your perfect playlist with Musify now!
Having to listen to the songs we love gives us ease and relaxation. Thanks to Spotify and Musify we now do it easily without going through extreme methods.