Discord is so amazing that multiple interesting pictures, videos, jokes as well as some useful gaming skills are around. I guess a lot of you want to take a screenshot of these interesting Discord content, right? So, in this tutorial, I will give you three great solutions to take a Discord screenshot on both Windows and Mac computers.
1. How to screenshot Discord with Aiseesoft Screen Recorder
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, famous for its outstanding performance in the screen capture, is considered one of the most powerful screen capture and snipping programs on the market.
No matter if you want to take a lossless screenshot of your Discord or want to record the sound or screen of Discord in high quality, you can easily get what you yearn for with the help of Aiseesoft Screen Recorder.
Besides the solid performance in the screen capture, the app is devoted to delivering its users with ultimate flexibility.
- You can decide the format and quality of the output as well as the keyboard shortcut.
- The program offers in-app editing tools, which is great when you want to add annotations to your screenshot.
- It supports full-screen, window, and region capture, users are available to take a screenshot of anything they want.
Now, let’s use it to capture your Discord.
Step 1 Launch Aiseesoft Screen Recorder on your PC
Step 2 Take a screenshot
You can start to take a screenshot right away. Launch the program and minimize it then.
The screenshot feature, accessible by the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + C, will grey out your screen.
- You may use your cursor to click on the Discord window to capture the app window.
- Or, you can take a screenshot of a selected region of Discord by dragging your cursor.
Then, the program will open a panel where you can find some editing tools to draw on the image. Texts, shapes, arrows, blurs and a few more tools are available.
Step 3 Save the image
Finish the editing, you can choose to:
- Export the screenshot to your computer by clicking Save.
- Or hit Copy to export the image to your clipboard.
2. How to screenshot Discord with the Windows Print Screen button
If you’re using a Windows machine, you can simply use the Print Screen button to capture your Discord. Just:
- Open your Discord and go to the target content.
- On your keyboard, press Alt + Prt Scr to capture the Discord window.
- The image will be copied to your clipboard.
Tip: On most Windows keyboards, the button is labeled Prt Scn, but sometimes, it will be a bit different, like Prt Scr or something similar. Also, sometimes, the function of this button may be replaced by another button and you can’t take a screenshot with it. To fix that, try to reset the screenshot settings.
3. How to screenshot Discord with Mac’s built-in screenshot tool
If you’re using Mac, the macOS system offers you a shortcut to create a screenshot.
Tip: macOS offers built-in screen and audio recording functions as well. So, you can not only take a screenshot of your Discord but also record the interface and audio of it.
On your Discord, visit the content you want to capture, then press Cmd + Shift + 5 to activate the screenshot feature. Then, a crosshair appears and a panel will be listed below.
On the panel, you can choose to capture the whole screen, the currently active window, or a selected region.
Also, click Options, you can decide where to save your file, you may choose to export it to Desktop, Documents, copy it to Clipboard, or just share it with emails or messages, etc.
- Will others be notified by Discord when I take a screenshot?
Discord does not have the ability to recognize a screenshot activity and therefore won’t inform others when you take a screenshot.
- Can OBS help if I want to take a screenshot?