4K is such a godsent that gives us ultimate visual entertainment. And now, because of the developing technology, going to a theatre is no longer the only choice to watch a 4K movie. With a 4K Blu-ray disc, we can, using a 4K Blu-ray player and 4K-supported TV, enjoy a 4K movie at home.
However, a 4K Blu-ray disc that costs from $20 to $200 is pretty expensive when it compares to normal Blu-ray discs, instead of purchasing them, you may consider burning one by yourself.
Just go online, download the 4K movie files, buy some empty Ultra HD BD-RE discs, aka Blu-ray discs that support burning 4K movies, lastly, burn the 4K movie to the disc with two proper burners. Of course, if you’re a home-based movie maker that shots movies yourself, burn your own movie to the 4K Blu-ray disc then.
To create your own 4K Blu-ray movie discs at home, as I said, you need the right tools – 4K Blu-ray burners, one is the computer software and the other is the virtual burner drive.
- 4K Blu-ray burner software: The kind of computer software that processes digital files and converts them to 4K Blu-ray formats so that you can burn those files to a 4K Blu-ray disc.
- 4K Blu-ray burner drive: The device that holds the 4K Blu-ray disc and burns files into the disc.
Lacking either of them, you can hardly complete a 4K Blu-ray burning task. So, for those who plan on doing their own 4K Blu-ray discs without picking up the right tools, in today’s article, I will be showing you the some of best 4K Blu-ray burners of these two categories.
List of Best 4K Blu-ray Burners
Part 1: Hardware part
- External Drive: Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Portable Blu-ray Burner External Drive
- Internal Drive: LG WH16NS60 Internal UHD Blu-ray Drive
Part 2: Software part
- 4K 3D Blu-ray Burner: Leawo Prof. Media
Part 1: Best 4K Blu-ray Burners Hardware
Talking about the 4K Blu-ray burner hardware, there’re two types of it, internal and external.
What is 4K Internal Blu-ray Burner
An internal 4K Blu-ray burner drive is similar to the built-in DVD tray on your computer, the only difference is that the 4K internal one can handle 4K Blu-rays, DVDs, and regular Blu-ray discs while the built-in one can only read DVD.
If you decide to buy one 4K internal burner, you need to remove the built-in DVD tray and replace it with the 4K one. In this case, you won’t need to get an external one that takes up extra space on your desk.
But, you need the skill of opening up the computer case and assembling it. Moreover, you need to know all the related ports on your PC and the drive so that you can connect them correctly.
What is 4K External Blu-ray Burner
A 4K external Blu-ray burner is a bit like a regular Blu-ray player device, it’s just that it has a USB port to connect to the PC instead of an HDMI port for TV.
An external burner is easier to use, all you need is to connect the drive and your PC with the USB cable. Then, you’re good to go, no need for setup or any software installation, you can start to play a 4K Blu-ray movie with it.
Which One Is Better, Internal or External
We can’t say for sure which one is better as they suit the different groups of people. Depending on your own situation, you can make the choice yourself.
- If you’re someone who likes the desk to be neat and tidy meanwhile knows about how to assemble the PC tower, you can pick up the internal one.
- When you fancy a convenient operation and a quick connection, try the external one then.
Talking about the best 4K Blu-ray internal burner drive, I will go for the LG WH16NS60 Internal Blu-ray Drive (Price: $155). It’s unquestionably good in disc burning and playing with the Cyberlink Software and SATA Support.
- UHD BD Playback & Burning: Excellent Ultra HD playing performance, providing life-like details and precise colors, four times as high as Full HD quality.
- 3D Support: With the new Power BD-DVD 3D ver. Software package, you can enjoy those 3D movie discs at home.
- Multi Compatibility: Can I name a disc that LG WH16NS60 can’t handle? I’m afraid no. From CD to 4K Blu-ray, this 4K drive can play and burn all single and double-sided CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays. What’s more, with the M-disc support, you can burn a Millennial Disc on the drive, keeping your data safe for hundreds of years.
- BDXL™ Support: Ultimate Capacity: As the major Blu-ray drives cannot process a BDXL disc that has three or four layers, this 4K drive can easily hold it, carrying both reading and burning tasks.
- Silent & Jamless Play: Reducing the noise of reading the disc and the possibility of disc jam, the 4K drive can offer you the ultimate joy of watching a Blu-ray movie.
- 16x BD-R Writing: Experience quicker disc-writing speeds with the Superspeed USB 3.0 technology, and enjoy the smooth burning with ease.
Other 4K Blu-ray Internal Burner Drives
If you think the above choice does not satisfy your need, below is a list of some alternatives that share similar features of the LG WH16NS60. Read on and pick up one that you like.
|1||Pioneer Electronics BDR-212UBK 16x Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer Supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Playback & M-Disc Format||$160|
|2||LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter||$79.58|
|3||Genuine New Laptop PC Internal 4K Ultra HD UHD 3D Blu-ray Player M-Disc Burner for LG BU40N, Dual Layer 4X BDXL 100GB 6X BD-RE DVD+RW DL DVD-RAM CD-RW Writer 9.5mm SATA Optical Drive||$82.99|
Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Portable 6X Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Burner External Drive (Price: $230.00), considered as the best 4K external Blu-ray burner in the early 2020s, is undoubtedly a great help for your 4K Blu-ray creation career.
This External BD/DVD/CD Writer supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback which is ideal for editing of videos, 4K burning, building system with its wide media support and fast writing speed. It has 16X BD-R writing speed capability that can read/write dual-layer BD-R discs, DVD, and CD format.
- USB Type C Support: Simply connect your PC and the 4K burner drive via the USB cable, then you can start to enjoy the Blu-ray movie.
- Compatible with M-Disc: M-Disc is a special disc that has been coated with a very hard coat to minimize snags and resist fingerprints for long-term data preservation.
- Playback of a Smooth Movie: The PowerRead function allows the driver to skip through obstructed parts of a disc and try to go to the next available data point as rapidly as possible, resulting in smoother playback.
- An Improved Drive: The drive monitors and adapts to high speed for quick data transfer and low speed for reliable music/movie playing when Auto Quiet mode is enabled. Burning speed is up to 16×2 on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.
Other 4K Blu-ray External Burner Drives
Below are some of the alternatives of the Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD, you can go to Amazon and search each, make your decision eventually.
|1||LG BP60NB10 Portable 6X Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Burner External Drive with CyberLink Software, 25GB M-DISC BD-R, and USB Cable – Burns CD DVD BD DL BDXL Discs||$143|
|2||Pioneer Electronics BDR-XD07UHD 6x Slim Portable USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD Burner Supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray, BDXL & M-Disc Format, Black||$128.98|
|3||Pioneer BDR-XD07UHD Portable 6X Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Burner External Drive Bundle with Cyberlink Software Download Installation Code, 50GB M-DISC BD-R DL and USB Cable – Burns CD DVD BD DL BDXL Discs||$216.12|
|4||Ultra Slim External 4K UHD HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player, USB Type-A & Type-C USB-C 2-In-1 6X BD-R BD-RE DL BDXL 100GB DVD-R M-Disc Burner Portable Optical Drive, for Windows 10 Mac OS Laptop & Desktop PC||$89.99|
|5||External Bluray DVD Drive, MthsTec USB 3.0 and Type-C Blu-Ray Burner DVD Burner 3D Slim Optical Bluray CD DVD Drive Compatible with Windows XP/7/8/10, macOS for MacBook, Laptop, Desktop||$96.95|
|6||External Blu Ray DVD Drive, Ploveyy USB 3.0 Ultra Slim 3D 4K External Blu Ray Player Writer Portable BD/CD/DVD Burner Drive Polished Metal Chrome for Mac OS, Windows 7/8/10, Linxus, Laptop||$89.99|
Part 2: Best Professional 4K Blu-ray Burner Software
What’s is the best 4K Blu-ray burner software?
Of course, all of them are some great 4K Blu-ray burner programs. Still, you need to pick up one and use it to burn your 4K Blu-ray movies. Here, I will introduce one special 4K burner to you, the Leawo Prof. Media.
Why is it special? Because it can not only help you burn 4K movies but also provides you the source of getting some 4K movies.
Leawo Prof. Media – The Best Choice to Burn and Download 4K Blu-ray
Leawo Prof. Media, a professional multimedia program, can serve not only as a 4K Blu-ray burner helper but also as a 4K Blu-ray ripper and downloader.
As for its 4K burner feature, the program will surely give you a smooth and high-quality burning process.
- Supporting 3D, 4K, HDR 10, you can surely burn all your movie collections, be it 3D movies and 4K frames, to a Blu-ray disc with ease.
- For homemade movie discs, this 4K burner offers a disc menu feature that ensures amateurs create a personalized disc menu with loved images, music, and more.
- Compatible with more than 180 digital formats including both audio and video, you can burn all the files you want successfully.
4K Blu-ray burning is never a thing when you use Leawo Prof. Media especially if you’re looking for a perfect disc creator.
Get the 4K movies with Leawo Prof. Media
Where can you download some 4K movies? Well, with Leawo Prof. Media, you may download precious 4K videos from every applicable website.
Be it as Youtube’s 4K movie library, the episodes ocean of Netflix, and whatever movie sites you can think of, Leawo Prof. Media’s Downloader feature will help you download your favorite 720P, 1080P, and 4K movies on your computer with zero quality loss.
What do you need for that? Well, simply launch Leawo on your PC and go to the Downloader tab. Paste the link address of the website down, then, boom! All the movies, music, animations of this website are all yours. Download whatever you want and burn them to a 4K Blu-ray then.
Enjoy your 4K Blu-ray at home afterward!